The Ohio Capital Journal is a hard-hitting, independent, nonprofit news organization dedicated to connecting Ohioans to their state government and its impact on their lives. The Capital Journal combines Ohio state government coverage with relentless investigative journalism, deep dives into the consequences of policy, political insight, and principled, progressive commentary.
All those cheesy journalism aphorisms about reporters being the eyes and ears of the people in the halls of power? We believe them, deeply.
We also deeply believe in sharing the stories of people outside the halls of power, connecting the actions of state leaders to their impacts on Ohioans.
The Capital Journal is free of advertising and free to readers.
Ohio Capital Journal articles, graphics, and commentary are also free to republish. In fact, we welcome and encourage it! Please adhere to the following guidelines, and let us know if you republish our stories:
▪ You must give the Ohio Capital Journal credit, including OhioCapitalJournal.com and author.
▪ If you publish online, it would be nice if you would include the links from the story, and a link to www.ohiocapitaljournal.com.
▪ While making changes to account for in-house style is perfectly fine, more substantial changes should be noted as additional and conducted by your publication.
▪ You can publish our photos and graphics with the stories with which they originally appeared. For any other uses, you must seek permission from us at [email protected]
▪ If you share the story on social media, please mention @OhioCapJournal on Twitter and @ohiocapitaljournal on Facebook.
▪ Don’t sell the story.
▪ Don’t sell ads against the story. Feel free, however, to publish it on a page with ads you’ve already sold.
*Thanks to the Colorado Independent and Texas Tribune for use of their guideline templates.
The Ohio Capital Journal is part of States Newsroom, a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit supported by grants and a coalition of donors and readers.
The Ohio Capital Journal retains editorial independence.